Interested in 3D computer vision and representation learning from video sequences. Previously worked on action recognition, motion estimation, depth estimation, and multi-view 3D reconstruction.
I’m leading a small team called Autonomous Vision Group (AVG) with amazing students under the roof of the KUIS AI center. We are working on a range of topics including but not limited to monocular depth estimation and semantic segmentation, multi-object tracking, unsupervised video object segmentation, end-to-end learning of driving, and stochastic video prediction. We are always looking for enthusiastic graduate students (Positions) and are open to new collaborations! Feel free to email me.
- We have a new paper at ICCV, 2021: SLAMP: “Stochastic Latent Appearance and Motion Prediction”
- We welcome two new students to the group: Welcome Nazir and Mısra!
- I’ve received an outstanding reviewer award at ICCV, 2021!
- It was super fun to teach high school students about AI at the KUIS AI summer camp!
- We’ve organized an AMA on reviewing together with Torsten Sattler at the PAISS, 2021 summer school.
- I gave two talks at the METU ImageLab and at the Max Planck ETH Center for Learning Systems (CLS).
- I gave a talk at the Women in Computer Vision Workshop at CVPR, 2021.
- I’m teaching Computer Vision for Autonomous Driving with a new fancy code “COMP423/523” for the second time this semester, it’s even more fun than the first time!
- I’ll be giving a talk at the Women in Data Science Conference 2021 on March, 7th. You can register for the online event (free of charge) using the link.
- I’m extremely happy and honored to announce that I’ve been awarded the Newton Advanced Fellowship by the British Royal Society!
In collaboration with João Henriques from VGG (University of Oxford) and Luca Bertinetto from Five (Oxford)!
We’re looking for highly motivated students to work on our project called “The Road Less Travelled: One-Shot Learning of Rare Events in Autonomous Driving“, check out the Positions page for the details.
- We organized AI Labs Joint Program for 7 weeks at inzva with the help of our amazing guides and the program coordinator!
- I was invited to Chai Time Data Science for an interview with Sanyam Bhutani, it was super fun, watch it on YouTube!
- I gave a talk on Optical Flow at Eastern European Computer Vision Conference (EECVC)
in Odessa, Ukraine(on zoom due to COVID19).
You can watch it on YouTube.
I’ll be giving a talk at NASSMA in Istanbul, which is is a summer school on ML and AI in North Africa and the Middle East region. Please, consider applying!(canceled due to COVID19)
- I gave a talk to share my experiences as a reviewer at CVPR 2020 tutorial on “How to write a good review?”
You can watch it on YouTube.
- I’m extremely happy and honored to announce that I’ve been awarded the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship by the European Research Commission!
- We welcome new members in our group: Çağan Selim Çoban and Sadra Safadoust as M.Sc. students.
- We offer 3 fully funded Ph.D. fellowships on video understanding for autonomous vision.
- I gave a talk at Boğaziçi University and Istanbul Technical University.
- “Veri Biliminde Kadınlar Konferansı 2021” kapsamında “Otonom Sürüşte Görme” adlı bir konuşma yaptım.
- Veri Tezgahı Podcast‘inde Tarık Keleştemur ve Salih Gündoğdu ile keyifli bir sohbet gerçekleştirdik. Çeşitli platformlarda dinlemek icin tıklayın.
- “Expert Talks in AI” kapsamında, Merve Noyan ile keyifli bir sohbet gerçekleştirdik.
- Bilim Akademisi Yapay Öğrenme Yaz Okulu 2020‘de “Güncel Hareket Tahmini Yöntemleri” adlı bir konuşma yaptım.
- Tübitak Bilim Söyleşileri kapsamında, 27 Aralık, 10:30’da Çanakkale – Gelibolu Anadolu Lisesi’nde “İnsansız Araçlar için Çevre Algısı” adlı bir konuşma yaptım.