College of Sciences Department of Mathematics
Koç University Rumelifeneri Yolu, 34450 Sariyer, Istanbul, TURKEY
Tel: (90) 212 338 1315
►June 18-19, 2015: 2nd Ankara-Istanbul Workshop on Stochastic Processes (0634SP2015)
► July 9-14, 2012: 8th World Congress in Probability and Statistics
Stochastic flows, mathematics of finance, branching processes, telecommunication networks.
· Professor, Koç University, Department of Mathematics, 2017-Present
· Associate Professor, Koç University, Department of Mathematics, 2006-2017
· Visiting Scholar, Columbia University, Department of Mathematics, 2014 Fall
· Assistant Professor, Koç University, Department of Mathematics, 1999-2006
· Research Scientist, Bellcore, Network Design & Traffic Research Group, 1997-1998
· Measure Transport, Martingale Representation and Derivatives on Wiener Space, 2019-2021, TUBITAK.
· Weak Solutions of Diffusion Equations associated with Stochastic Flows, 2015-2017, TUBITAK.
· Subgrid Modeling with Stochastic Eddies, 2013-2015, TUBITAK.
· Novel Stochastic Processes for Stock Prices and their Limits, 2010-2011, TUBITAK.
· Design and Traffic Analysis of Multicast Protocols for Multiservice Networks, 2003-2005, TUBITAK-COST 279.
· Stochastic Modeling of Turbulent Flows for the Prediction of Lagrangian Trajectories in the Ocean, 2004-2006, TUBITAK-NSF.
Probability Theory, Statistics, Stochastic Calculus, Finite Mathematics, Linear Algebra, Numerical Methods,
Real Analysis, Functional Analysis, Advanced Calculus.
Honors and Awards
· Hayri Korezlioglu Research Award, 2012
· Elected member of ISI since 2012
· Who’s Who in the World 2008-2009, 2020
· Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 2006-2007
· Mustafa Parlar Research Award, 2005
· Sigma Xi, Member since 1994
Princeton University Ph.D. Statistics & Operations Research, June, 1997, Princeton, NJ
Bilkent University M.Sc., Industrial Engineering, March, 1991, Ankara, Turkey
Middle East Tech. University B.Sc., Industrial Engineering, May, 1989, Ankara, Turkey