Engin Erzin (S’88-M’96-SM’06) received his Ph.D. degree, M.Sc. degree, and B.Sc. degree from Bilkent University, Ankara, Turkey, in 1995, 1992, and 1990, respectively, all in Electrical Engineering. During 1995-1996, he was a postdoctoral fellow in the Signal Compression Laboratory, University of California, Santa Barbara. He joined Lucent Technologies in September 1996, and he was with Consumer Products for one year as a Member of Technical Staff of the Global Wireless Products Group. From 1997 to 2001, he was with the Speech and Audio Technology Group of the Network Wireless Systems. Since January 2001, he has been with the Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Computer Engineering Departments of Koc University, Istanbul, Turkey. Engin Erzin is currently a member of the IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee and Associate Editor for the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia, having previously served as Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech & Language Processing (2010-2014). His research interests include speech signal processing, audio-visual signal processing, human-computer interaction, and pattern recognition.
- IEEE Speech and Language Processing Technical Committee Member (2020-2022)
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Multimedia (2018 – 2022)
- APSIPA Image, Video, and Multimedia (IVM) Technical Committee Member (2018-2020)
- Area Chair, INTERSPEECH: Annual Conference of the International Speech Communication Association, San Francisco, 2016
- Area Chair, EUSIPCO 2015
- Area Chair, EUSIPCO 2014
- Associate Editor of the IEEE Transactions on Audio, Speech & Language Processing (2010 – 2014)
- IEEE Turkey Section Chairman (2008 – 2009)
- IEEE Signal Processing Education Technical Committee Member (2005 – 2009)
- IEEE Turkey Section Vice Chairman (2006 – 2007)
- IEEE Turkey Section Management Committee (2005 – 2006)
- IEEE Turkey Signal Processing Chapter Vice Chairman (2004 – 2009)
- Technical Committee Member, 4th Biennial Workshop on DSP for In-Vehicle Systems, Dallas, USA, June 26-28, 2009.
- Organization Committee Member, Biennial on DSP for In-Vehicle and Mobile Systems, 2007, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Organization Committee Member, Biennial on DSP for In-Vehicle and Mobile Systems, 2005, Sesimbra, Portugal.
- Organization Committee Member, EUSIPCO 2005, Antalya, Turkey.
- Organization Committee Member, Workshop on DSP in Mobile and Vehicular Systems, 2003, Nagoya, Japan.
- Technical Program Chair, SIU 2003, Istanbul, Turkey.