Dr. Yıldız is a full-time faculty in the Department of Industrial Engineering at Koç University. He is a network design and optimization specialist with more than ten years of experience in mathematical programming, operations research, algorithm design, and transportation systems. His research focuses on developing innovative methodologies to solve large-scale optimization problems in various application areas ranging from infrastructure planning to city logistics to online fleet management to service network design to dynamic vehicle routing to location analysis.
- Urban mobility and city logistics
- On-demand same day delivery
- Omnichannel retail operations
- Electric and autonomous vehicles
- Social network analyses
- Collaborative network design and games
I am looking for Ph.D. students and postdoctoral researchers with strong academic backgrounds and research interests in one or more of the following areas to take part in my projects.
- New business models and technologies in last-mile delivery
- Transportation network design and management
- Intelligent transportation systems
- Behavior modeling
- Multicriteria decision making
- Sustainability analysis
- Sequential decision making
- Integer programming and large scale optimization
- Machine learning
- Agent-based simulation
Candidates with experience in GIS tools, traffic simulations, discrete choice modeling, and data-driven decision-making are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience in multi-disciplinary and international research projects is a plus.
Interested candidates can directly contact me via email with their CV and cover letter to email@example.com.