- Sakarya, Sibel, et al. “Factors associated with patient activation in a Turkish population with diabetes and/or hypertension.” European Journal of Public Health 29.Supplement_4 (2019): ckz186-225.
- Çayırlı T., Dursun P. and E.D. Güneş, “An Integrated Analysis of Capacity Allocation and Patient Scheduling in Presence of Seasonal Walk-ins“, Flexible Services and Manufacturing Journal, (2018). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10696-017-9304-8.
- Yaman H. and Güneş E.D. , Family practice in Turkey: Observations from a pilot implementation, – Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care, 34 (1), 81-82, 2016.
- Örmeci E.L., Güneş, E.D., Kunduzcu,”A Modeling Framework for Control of Preventive Services“, M&SOM, 18:2 , 227-244, 2016.
- Güneş, E.D., Örmeci E.L., Kunduzcu, “Preventing and Diagnosing Colorectal Cancer with a Limited Colonoscopy Resource” Production and Operations Management, 24 (1), 1-20, 2015.
- Çayirli, T., and Güneş, E.D., “Outpatient appointment scheduling in presence of seasonal walk-ins” Journal of the Operational Research Society,65,512–531,2014.
- Güneş, E.D., H. Yaman, B. Çekyay and V. Verter, “Matching Patient and Physician Preferences in Designing a Primary Care Facility Network”, Journal of the Operational Research Society,65, 483–496, 2014.
- Güneş E.D, Akşin O.Z., Örmeci E.L. and S.E. Özden, “Modeling Customer Reactions to Sales Attempts:If Cross-Selling Backfires” Journal of Service Research, 13 (3), 168-183, 2010. (Finalist, 2011 Journal of Service Research Best Paper Award, sponsored by IBM)
- Güneş E.D and H. Yaman, “Health Network Mergers and Hospital Re-Planning“, Journal of the Operational Research Society, 61 (2) 275-284, 2010.
- Güneş E.D, Chick S.E. and L.N. Van Wassenhove, “Quality Competition for Screening and Treatment Services“, Annals of OR, 178:201-222, 2010.
- Güneş E.D. “Modeling Time Allocation for Prevention in Primary Care“, Central European Journal of OR, 17(3),359-380, 2009.
- Guide D., Güneş E.D., G. Souza and L.Van Wassenhove, “The Optimal Disposition Decision of Product Returns” Operations Management Research, 1(1) 1-16, 2008.
- Güneş E.D. and H.Yaman “Transition to Family Practice in Turkey“, Journal of Continuing Education in the Health Professions, 28 (2):1-7, 2008.
- Güneş E.D. and H. Yaman, “Modeling Change in a Health System: Implications on Resource Allocations and Patient Flows” Clinical and Investigative Medicine, Dec; 28(6):331-3, 2005.
- Güneş E.D., S.E. Chick and O.Z.Akşin, “Breast Ca
- ncer Screening: Trade-offs in Quality, Capacity, Outreach and Centralization” Health Care Management Science, 7 (4) 291-303, 2004. pdf file.
- Güneş E.D. and O.Z. Akşin, “Value Creation in Service Delivery: Relating Job Designs, Incentives and Operational Performance” , M&SOM, 6, 4, 338-357, 2004. pdf file
- Aktürk M.S. , J.B. Ghosh and E.D. Güneş, “Scheduling with Tool Changes to Minimize Total Completion Time: Basic Results and SPT Performance”, European Journal of Operational Research, 2004, vol. 157,no. 3,p. 784-790.
- Aktürk M.S., J.B. Ghosh and E.D. Güneş, “Scheduling with tool changes to minimize total completion time: a study of heuristics and their performance“, Naval Research Logistics, 50(1),15-30, 2003.
Güneş E.D., S. Nickel (2015) “Location Problems in Healthcare” In: Location Science eds. Nickel S., Laporte G. and Saldanha-da-Gama, Springer.
Güneş E.D., Örmeci E.L. (2018) “OR Applications in Disease Screening“. In: Kahraman C., Topcu Y. (eds) Operations Research Applications in Health Care Management. International Series in Operations Research & Management Science, vol 262. Springer, Cham
Work in Progress:
Modeling and Optimizing Resource Allocation Decisions through Multi-model Markov Decision Processes with Capacity Constraints, O Demiray, E.D. Güneş, E.L. Örmeci (arXiv:2011.04357)
- Tunçalp, Feray and Gunes, Evrim and Ormeci, Lerzan, Modeling Strategic Walk-in Patients in Appointment Systems: Equilibrium Behavior and Capacity Allocation (September 6, 2020). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3687717 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3687717
- Aksin, O. Zeynep and Gencer, Busra and Gunes, Evrim,”How Observed Queue Length and Service Times Drive Queue Behavior in the Lab” (June 1, 2020). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3387077 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3387077
- Ergun, Busra and Gunes, Evrim and Kocabiyikoglu, Ayse and Keskin, Ahmet, “How Does Workload Affect Test Ordering Behavior of Physicians? An Empirical Investigation” (May 16, 2019). Available at SSRN: https://ssrn.com/abstract=3388958 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.3388958