More news on twitter @Skizilel
- I am glad to announce that our five undergraduate students from Koç University College of Engineering have been approved to receive support from TUBİTAK as STAR fellows under #tübitak #2247C and will continue to work in our TÜBİTAK -1004 (High technology Platform-Center of Excellence) funded and Cost Action #CA18132 projects. Two of these students were supported from the first round of #2247C. I congratulate them all, İlke Gürgan, Betül Karanfil, Demet Tumkaya, #zeynepdenizlal, Ayça Tüter for their hard work, interest in our research, and special thanks to TÜBİTAK for the support.
- Seda Kizilel was invited speaker at @Bogazicibiyoteknolojizirvesi on Nov 14, 2021.
- Our recently accepted paper on polymer-nanoparticle composites in Macromolecules journal is in press here.
- Seda Kizilel was invited speaker at @ArkadaşımDiyabetOnlineKamp You can watch the live conversation here.
- Nihal’s paper on ‘gene delivery from chitosan nanoparticles, prediction and modeling of this process using deep artificial neural network model’ has been accepted for publication in Advanced NanoBiomed Research. Congratulations!
- Rubab’s paper on controlled stiffening chitosan networks has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. Congratulations!
- Rubab succesfully defended her thesis! Congratulations Dr. Rubab Batool!
- Our paper about recent advances on neovascularization of engineered tissues has been accepted for publication in APL Bioengineering.
Our paper has been selected as Editor’s Pick!
- Prof Seda Kızılel was invited to present at the 4th International Conference on Biological and Biomimetic Adhesives, Feb 18-19, 2021, Aveiro, Portugal.
- Prof Seda Kızılel was invited to present at the Cost Action WG-1 meeting, Gylconanomaterials, Jan 11 (CA18132).
- Our review about heterocellular islet organoids in collaboration with Dr Mariana Olveira and Prof Joao Mano (University of Aveiro, Portugal) has been accepted for publication in Biomaterials (IF: 10.317).
- Prof Seda Kızılel presented at the Cost Action WG2 meeting, Gylconanomaterials, Dec 16, CA18132!
- Prof Seda Kızılel was invited to present at Gebze Technical University, Institute of Biotechnology, Dec 10, 2021. The abstract of the talk can be found here.
- We are happy to welcome our new group members! İsmail Can Karaoğlu and F. Şevval Murat have started their PhDs. İsmail and Şevval have received their BS degrees from Chemical Engineering at İstanbul Technical University with highest honors and will do amazing research in our exciting projects!
- Our paper on 3D printing of composite hydrogels in collaboration with Bahçeşehir University, has been accepted for publication in Macromolecular Bioscience.
- A new paper from our group in collaboration with Max Planck Institute has been accepted for publication in Advanced Science (IF:15.804).
- Ministry of Industry and Technology (Turkey) has accepted to fund our proposal on the preparation of interleukin receptor antagonist (IL-1RA) for the treatment of Covid-19 pneumonia-induced cytokine rain. The project involves collaboration among İstanbul University, Koç University and Sabancı University (SK is the Co-PI with a budget of ~100,000 USD).
- Our undergraduate lab alumni Gözde Demirer will be joining Caltech’s CCE division as an Assistant Professor in Summer 2022! We are proud of Gözde!
- Rubab’s paper on reversibly crosslinked alginate hydrogels has been accepted for publication in International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. Congratulations!
- Birgül and Yasemin’s paper about coating of insulin secreting islets within functional microgels is in press. Congratulations!
- Dr Seda Kizilel received ‘appreciation of service plaque’ for completion of 10 years of service at Koç University.
- Our undergraduate lab alumni Gözde Demirer visited us from UC Berkeley :
- Dr Kizilel attended CA18132-Glyconanoprobes MC meeting in Lisbon, Portugal as an MC member from Turkey.
- Dr Kizilel was invited to present at CA15216-ENBA Short Term Scientific Mission at University of Aveiro, Aveiro, Portugal.
- Nihal successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations and good luck to you at Max Planck in Stuttgart! We will miss you.
- We enjoyed the wonderful talk by Prof Markita Landry from UC Berkeley on plant gene silencing at Koç University @skizilel @Landry_Lab
- Our undergraduate alumni İpek Simay Gökulu was awarded with Blavatnik Presidential Fellowship at Columbia University. With this fellowship, İpek will be receiving full support from Blavatnik Foundation during her PhD studies at Columbia University. İpek gained hands-on lab experience as a part of her work study in our lab for the last 2.5 years and contributed to a SCI paper we published in RSC Advances journal and a book chapter during 2019. Congratulations! We are proud of you İpek!
- Yasemin successfully defended her thesis. Congratulations and good luck to you in all your endeavors! We will miss you.
- Dr Kizilel was invited to present at the Workshop organized by INFLAM-IST Group, Istanbul University Beyazıt Campus.
- New paper from our group is accepted for publication in ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering.
- Dr Seda Kizilel attended GRC Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering in Barcelona, Spain.
- Nihal Olcay Dogan received “Koc University Academic Excellence Award“. We are proud of you Nihal, congratulations! Our group members have been receiving this award three years in a row at Koc University.
- Dr Seda Kizilel presented our research at TERMIS-EU meeting in Rhodes, Greece.
- New papers from our group in collaboration with our Medical School and KUTTAM have been accepted for publication in Materials Today Bio.
- A new paper from our group has been accepted for publication in RSC Advances.
- New papers from our group in collaboration with Boğaziçi University have been accepted for publication. One paper appeared in Polymers for Advanced Technologies and the other one is accepted in Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A.
- Prof. Seda Kizilel was invited to present our research at Arel University, İstanbul, Turkey.
- A new paper from our group has been accepted for publication in The Journal of The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS). This paper is featured in Protein-Based Structural Materials issue of the journal and it is here.
Prof. Seda Kizilel was invited to present our research at 23rd Biomedical Science and Technology Symposium, BIOMED2018-TR, Dec 15 2018, Istanbul, Turkey.
Prof Kızılel received the College of Engineering “Outstanding Faculty Award” by Koç University President Umran İnan.
- A new paper from our group has been accepted for publication in ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces and is in press now.
- Ugur and Birgul successfully defended their thesis. Congratulations to both of you and good luck in your research at Max Planck! We will miss you.
Project 1 (EU-COST): Bioadhesive Nanoparticles for Gene Therapy in Glioblastoma (GBM)
Project 2 : Novel Nanoengineered Biointerfaces to Overcome Immunological Barriers
Project 3 (EU-COST): Investigation of Angiogenesis in Responsive Gels
and the related news in the media can be found here.